Follow me in the fight to get my healthy life under control and the fight to get fit!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I licked a zillion envelopes tonight....are there calories in that?!

Just kidding.  I spend most of my night writing addresses and licking envelopes. gross. I would like to throw up now.

Anyway. Today rocked! I jumped back on the bus and kicked some butt! I currently sit at +0 points...and I'm totally OK with that. 

I started off my morning with 2oz of "Monavie",  If you aren't familiar with this I can tell you a little bit about it. It's a Acai fruit health drink.  MonaVie juice is made up of a mixture of some of the most health beneficial berries, like the Acai fruit, harvested from the four corners of the earth.  All in all, it is just a combination of all the "good stuff" in fruit combined into a juice.  You only take 2oz and have all your vitamins and stuff for the day! I am not promoting this at all...my friend Mary gave me a bottle and I thought I would give it a try.  

Lunch was a yummy turkey sandwich, and apple, yogurt, and string cheese.  It was very satisfying! 

I didn't have time to snack today. When I got home, in between all the envelope licking, I made my FAVORITE dinner...Homemade Fried Rice! 12 points for the WHOLE serving!
Here is the recipe!
Saute onions and green peas in 1 tbsp olive oil
Add 1 cup cooked brown rice with 1/4 cup light soy sauce
Scramble 1 egg and add into rice in the last 2 minutes of cooking
Add some garlic salt...and wa-lah! delish.
-I also add broccoli and carrots sometimes too-

I also want to talk a little bit about commitment.  Why do I sometimes feel SO committed to this weight loss and sometimes I want to just give up.  I think it just scares me.  It scares me to know that I will have to do this the rest of my life.  I know it is not a "diet" for me but a total 100% lifelong journey.  Talk about SCARY! Can I do it? Can I stay committed? Does it get easier?

I sure hope so.  I am learning to LOVE food in a totally different way.  I used to just LOVE to EAT. Anything and everything. Pizza, bread sticks, noodles, butter, pizza, chips, hamburgers, hot dogs, fries...the whole 9! Now, I am loving food because it makes me feel good. All that processed crap did not make me feel good. I LOVE to eat yummy fresh fruit AND I feel great about it after!

A friend reminded me once to stop and think before you make a poor food choice...ask yourself how you will feel 10 minutes AFTER you eat it.  It is so helpful to remember that.  
Have a good night! 

2 comments:

  1. First of all, where do you get that Monavie? I want to try some! Also, I think that you are doing awesome, and you will really be so happy with your progress once you get those wedding pictures back! You are gorgeous, keep up the good work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linds! My friend Mary sells Monavie! I can get you some if you would like to try! Ill ask her how much it is and get back to you! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete