Follow me in the fight to get my healthy life under control and the fight to get fit!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hurdles.

Honestly, after my 6 pound loss this week, I feel SO motivated.  It amazes me everyday how EXCITED I get to make my lunch for work, grab the nutritional info at a restruant, and make good choices! 11 months ago, I put anything and everything in my mouth that I could.  Today, I really look forward to making good choices!

Not every day is easy, don't get me wrong.  I am anxiously awaiting the pressure and struggle of this upcoming weekend.  Michael's best friend Ty is coming to town with his fiance, Lindsey.  Also, groomsman Ethan and little sister Emily!  Friday night will be a little garage party with drinks, food, and all that.  Saturday, the boys (and Em) are going snowboarding and we will all have a hotel that night.  I find it really difficult to stay on plan when I am drinking.  I have avoided it most weekend because I don't like how it affects my weight. After a drink or two I seem to lose my fire with impulse control.  Food just seems to jump in my mouth! I am hoping to stay strong, enjoy a few cocktails, and NOT get carried away!


I got an e-mail from a friend this week about hitting a hurdle.  She says:

"If you bump into a hurdle, pick the hurdle up and kick that bitch off the track!"

So true...Hurdles are going to happen.  That is just part of life.  Once you are willing to admit that you are there, kick that bitch right off the track and GET BACK ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment