Follow me in the fight to get my healthy life under control and the fight to get fit!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Have a little faith in me.

No, not you. Me.

I have found myself in complete "screw it" mode the last 2 weeks. I can't tell you why I have fallen off the wagon. I am not quite sure myself.  I do know that I find it hard to keep fresh fruit and veggies on hand at all times with this economy.  I find myself struggling to pay $100 grocery store bills ever week or two and that just kills my eating plan.  The last week I snuck food and binged, again.  I do have to say I was proud that I DID keep with my work-out plan.  That was the only thing I kept myself accountable for.  I didn't track.

I kept my two very special friends in mind all week as I struggled.  I e-mailed and texted them to seek motivation and advice of my struggle.  I found too that they have struggled and got over it.  I received some amazing e-mails from them helping to give me the extra push. It helped BUT it seemed like one of those "It's not you, It's me" situations.  Everything they said was amazing, helpful, and encouraging but I needed to fix it. Myself.

Tonight was weight in. I anticipated the numbers on the scale to shoot up. I was nervous and regretful. I hopped on and...

 -2.0 pounds!

I had a hard time at first being excited for the big 2 pound loss. I didn't feel as if I deserved it. But then, my good friend Meg made a good point.  Being that I didn't track...maybe I was exaggerating in my own head of all that I had done this week.  I think I also owe a lot of it to exercise!

Now, I am 100% ready to tackle this week! I know I can do it and I am pumped! Thank you for all your support. You are amazing.

Any money saving tips on buying groceries?! 



1 comment:

  1. Missing you and your shiny personality. I hope your big transition went well this week and I look forward to hearing how you are doing.

    Remember to take time to honor yourself through this process, you've gotten the fitness in with all the activity, balance the other legs of that stool with healthy food and more importantly healthy thoughts and kindness to yourself.

    Squeezes to you...

    ReplyDelete