Follow me in the fight to get my healthy life under control and the fight to get fit!

Monday, April 4, 2011

It's all about MOVING!

I have officially learned to love moving.  I remember the days where I would make any excuse in the book NOT to get to the gym or get outside.  I was totally against physical exercise.  It was too hard.

Today I have learned to LOVE it.  It still takes some hard work and preparation to get myself to the gym but after I complete a workout, my body feels SO amazing.  Seriously, If I can do this...so can YOU!  I want to be that girl. That girl that people look at and say " Really? Serina is running?! If she can do it, so can I!".

Weight Watchers is currently advertising it's Walk-It Challenge.  They are encouraging thousands of people to get out and MOVE! I am excited to use their tools to help me in the training process for my first run.  Also, Emily has already signed up to do her 5k with the Walk-It Challenge! Can't wait to hear your progress, Emily. You are such a motivation! 

If there is anyone that would like to join me on a 5k, please let me know! I would love to do a few this year with friends!

On Sunday, I kicked and screamed my way to the gym.  Michael and I had a super lazy day and I just wasn't having it. BUT, I sucked it up and went!  The only bummer was that when I was on the machine I accidently pressed the clear button and cleared my progress! I HATE that.  So, I snapped a quick pic of my 1st workout and jumped right back into it.  Here is how it went...

1st try-15 minutes, 1.42 miles and 165 cals!

Right back into it for another 20 minutes, 1.5 miles and 190 cals! Total of 35 minutes and 355 cals! 

After I got home I was tempted by Todd's DELICIOUS homemade lasagna. Too delicious to pass up!  I am not sure of the points but here was my dinner.

Thanks, Toddski! It was delish!

I couldn't wait to get back to the gym today.  I hit the ellipictial hard!  I was a hot mess! But man, it felt AMAZING. I am looking forward to another run tomorrow!

Today's Workout!

Ill leave you with this quote I read in Max Sports Fitness Mag:
 
"Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up.  It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.  Every morning a Lion wakes up.  It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death.  It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running." -Anon

1 comment:

  1. great work
    I hate the elliptical....I just can't do it, it hurts...no pain no gain right!

    ReplyDelete