Follow me in the fight to get my healthy life under control and the fight to get fit!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Kickin' and Screamin'

I have really started to get back into the routine of working out. It feels so good to get my body moving. However, I still don't love it. I kick and scream my way to the gym but I know the benefits of it and that makes it worth it.

Today I hit the gym again with Sara. I have had a headache all day and was not thrilled to be there...but I went. I love going with Sara because we just chat our way through the whole workout! It is so nice being there with someone and it is amazing how fast our workouts go with you have someone to talk to. Neither of us even used our ipods today!


We walked a mile and then did a mile and a half on the precor. Not the best workout but at least I was moving my body!


When I got home, I hung out with the guys and then started to think of what I was going to make for dinner. I have had some ground turkey in our freezer so I looked up some ground turkey recipes. Michael has really taken a liking to my cooking and I decided to try something new! It is called "Incredibly Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf". I will let you know how it was once we eat later tonight! It makes 10 servings and each serving is 5 points. Not too bad! Plus, I got to use some of my new toys...my KitchenAid Mixer and my Food Scale!


I am obsessed with my food scale! I have been weighing everything that enters my mouth! It really makes you think of the portion control!

Anyway, after I made the meatloaf, I decided to take a quick walk. It ended up being about a mile and a half...I went up a trail by our house. It was BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to walk it again :) Here is what I saw...

Now, time to relax and finish up dinner for when Mike gets home! I will let you know how my first weigh in goes back to Weight Watchers tomorrow!
<3 Serina

No comments:

Post a Comment